News & Views

News & Views is published monthly by 180 Systems. Our objective is to provide recent articles to our readers on business technology topics. In some cases, our blog contains a title with a hyperlink to a source article, a quote from the article and our comments. In other cases, we have provided a blog without a hyperlink for original content by 180 Systems. We encourage you to post your own comments. You can also access our blog by topic.

Newsletter Changes

Personal

We have been sending newsletters each month for a very long time but as some of you may have noticed, we have only been sending them intermittently over the last year. The reason for the change is not writer fatigue but the perception of reader fatigue with all the emails. So in the future we will only send them out a few times a year. As well, in the past we often commented on published articles that we thought were interesting but from now on, we plan to only include original material we have published. We also often had a link to something that we considered humorous or thoughtful (click here for examples posted in the past). We are not sure whether to continue to include these links in the future but have included another one this time which can be accessed by clicking here. Please let us know what you think about our new approach. Thanks

8 Comments

8 Responses

1. carla alarcon
    November 5th, 2015 at 5:40 pm

I like the links with additional info

2. Keep going
    November 5th, 2015 at 5:51 pm

good humour, good content and good structure, please continue.
    Always a pleasure.
    Fintan Clarke

3. Michelle Scholz
    November 5th, 2015 at 6:05 pm

I agree with Fintan, please continue

4. Roy Little
    November 5th, 2015 at 7:03 pm

Original content is great but if you note something else of interest I appreciate it bringing brought to my attention. I confess, I do not read all, but skim the titles for things of interest, and then read. Once a month is not ‘fatiguing’. Thanks

5. Jeffrey Hunt
    November 5th, 2015 at 8:49 pm

I enjoy reading the current format, as well as the humour. Looking forward to the original content.

6. Christine
    November 5th, 2015 at 11:54 pm

Have always looked forward to your newsletter for the valuable content including links to other articles. I never forward those humorous/thoughtful links from any other source, but yours are soooo good, I sometimes break my own rule. Thanks for all you have done over the past few years and please keep it up.

7. Erroll Rowe
    November 10th, 2015 at 8:36 pm

I like the idea of doing fewer newsletters a year. So often these day’s we are inundated with so many emails, many offering little of value that it gets to the point where you elect not to read them. I will say that your email newsletters do offer information of value and I did not find them coming too often. I might have deferred reading them if I was really busy…but I eventually would get around to reading the content. Keep up the great work Michael.

8. Prabir Dutt
    November 23rd, 2015 at 5:35 pm

I agree with Christine and the others. Keep up the good work.

Also just FYI: