ERP Expert Witness and ArbitrationUnfortunately ERP implementations sometimes fail for both the company that is being implemented and the company doing the implementation. The costs of failure are huge and include not just licenses and implementation services but also internal costs and interruption to business. The costs go higher when the two parties cannot come to terms. We can help either as arbitrator or as an expert witness.
- Independence - 180 Systems does not sell or implement any product
- Professor at University Of Toronto and Ryerson University teaching technology courses including ERP, Management Information Systems, Accounting Information Systems and Business Process Design
- Thirty years relevant work experience
- Writer for CAmagazine on technology and business process improvement
- Public speaker for technology conferences including CICA Technology conference and the Financial Technology Show
- Expert Witness experience
- Compare implementation methodologies to best practice
- Evaluate software based on whether it meets defined requirements
- Review affidavits for validity, accuracy and reasonability
- Recommend potential solutions to resolving the dispute
- Prepare opinion letters and affidavits
- Provide testimony in court
- Assist in settlement negotiations
"Michael did an excellent job on the work that he did for my client. Michael was very clear upfront about his budget and schedule, and came within the budget he set out and basically on schedule. He was very diligent and thorough in his approach to the issues, and he provided his report very promptly. He worked very hard, including working over holidays and weekends and late evenings. His turnaround time was very fast; he was responsive, he listened to feedback that was provided and incorporated that into his work product."
Sharon Vogel , Partner
"We did an extensive search for the appropriate expert consultant for a litigation on a systems related issue. Michael's qualifications and background fit our requirements. Michael always dealt with us in a professional way. Michael provided two reports commenting on the system that was put into place in the matter under litigation. We enjoyed working with him both on the phone and in person."
Robert A. Hodgins, Partner