Project Management for an ERP ImplementationProject management is a key factor in predicting success of any project. We are seasoned veterans in project management with certification (Project Management Professional) from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
The selection project is now over and now the hard work begins to implement the selected system. The implementation of a new system is a big project and requires skilled project managers. Our clients often don’t have a lot of experience in project management especially related to implementing new systems. The vendors have project managers but their focus is project management of their own resources rather than that of our clients. It is also possible that there are conflicting views of scope between the vendor and our clients. As project manager for our clients, we will ensure that these and any other conflicts are resolved expeditiously and fairly. Our focus is strictly on project management rather than product or system management. The knowledge of the system should be acquired by the internal resources of our clients as this knowledge is vital to the ongoing support of the system.
- Assist in creating the project charter which includes scope definition, roles & responsibilities, budget, baseline schedule, issues log and communication plan
- Transfer knowledge acquired from the selection phase to the vendor
- Review all contract deliverables from vendor for completeness and accuracy/reasonability
- Manage budget, scope and timing
- Attend project meetings with subject matter experts
- Manage issues log
- Prepare status reports for the steering committee
- Attend steering committee meetings
Click here for more about ERP implementations.