Technology RoadmapTechnology plays a significant role in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of business process as well as enhancing innovation.
The objective of the technology roadmap is to chart a course for organizations to better leverage technology that is aligned with corporate objectives and is justified based on a business case.
- Critical Success Factors(CSFs) - Identify what an organization must do well in order to be successful.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) - Identify KPIs that measure attainment of CSFs with current KPI and future KPI based on investment in technology.
- Business Process Review - Document AS-IS business process which includes steps in the process, problems, impact, reason for problems (business process, system, people, or technical) and requirements to fix the problems based on best practice.
- SWOT Analysis - Identify the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats related to the existing technology platform.
- Vendor Analysis - Issue Request for Information to obtain the approximate costs of investment in new technology.
- Business Case - Prepare ROI based on Net Present Value of 5 year cash flow of benefits and costs. Benefits are based on eliminating problems with current processes as well as changing technology based on SWOT analysis.