Financial and Business Services
We are independent ERP consultants providing expertise in system selection, best practice and business process improvement for financial services and business services industries.
- Multiple segments – Account structure has flexibility in the number of segments and rules for skipping certain segment and defaults
- Reporting structure – Can roll up any segments to multiple hierarchies as well as date effectivity on rollups so can generate historical data
- Analysis or transaction codes offering additional dimensions for analyzing operations without building it into the general ledger account structure
- Statistical accounts – to track non-financial data
- Intercompany transactions – with automatic balancing
- Allocations – to spread revenues or expenses across different departments or companies (with automatic balancing)
- Flexible financial reporting tool – Includes ability to create financial reports for external use
- Consolidation – with ownership calculations, intercompany eliminations and foreign currency translations
Some of the systems that provide solutions for the financial services industry are:
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Multiview Financials
- Oracle e-business Suite
- Oracle Fusion
- Sage 300 ERP (formerly Sage ERP Accpac)
- SAP Business All-in-One
- UNIT4 Agresso
- Service call date and time stamping
- Escalations if work not done on time
- Track service history by serial no.
- Generate quote for customer
- Generate work order
- Generate invoice for work done and inventory used
- Scheduling by manually assign resources
- Scheduling by automatically assigning resources based on skills and availability
- Self-service by client including checking status, logging problems and access to information to resolve problems
Business Services Systems
Some of the systems that provide solutions for the business services industry are:
- Blue Link
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Sage 300 ERP (formerly Sage ERP Accpac)
- Sage ERP X3
We are in the process of evaluating which implementers are good choices for the financial services industry. Stay tuned.
We are in the process of evaluating which implementers are good choices for the service management industry. Stay tuned.
Financial Service Testimonials
180 Systems was instrumental in Capstone Infrastructure's selection of a general ledger system. Their efficient methodology, comprehensive approach and deep expertise significantly aided our decision-making process, enabling us to identify the right system for our needs.
Selecting a new system is a very complicated task, not something you do every day, so it is great to have an expert working with you who is acting in your interest. 180 Systems has a good process and know certain questions to ask the vendor. 180 Systems is not working for them, and that is what you want. They is not going to make your selection for you, but they set you up with the right tools to make the decision. 180 Systems handled it well, had a good format, focused on the bigger things as well as the details.
Michael was very articulate, right to the point, knew his stuff, and provided a very good layout of what are the key steps an organization must go through. He explained terms related to technology, and the price was also right. Michael has a very good tool that pulls information together so that has been quite helpful.
Business Service Testimonials
Michael understands what we do at Zebrano very well. We have worked with him several times over the years. We needed to automate accounting processes, and started a year ago. We looked at various options, already programmed or custom. We hired Michael to define our needs and use them to develop an RFP to present to the vendors. He was on all the calls with suppliers. Michael was quite tough on the vendors which we liked. In the end we went with a custom solution. Michael paired the programmer with a database programmer who was excellent. We were able to keep our existing system and convert all the data. We're using it and it's working really well. Michael put us together with the right people.
Michael was good, very thorough. He assessed problems with a botched implementation of a system, and put together a benchmark for rating requirements for a new system. He advised us on our legal rights related to the problems with the original implementation, and assisted us with gathering information and ranking the various vendors. He was able to filter the ‘smoke and mirrors' that the vendors presented.
"Michael Burns helped us beat the bushes, see what was out there and narrow down the suppliers. We didn't know what was available, Michael is obviously much more up on what is out there. He did a very thorough analysis of what we needed. He also did a process analysis and turned it into an RFP which we could submit to vendors once we got to that point. We're glad that we used him to get through that process. I can't imagine trying to get through that maze without his experience and knowledge. He has a thorough approach, he tries not to leave any stone unturned, because it is a very specialized kind of thing. This is not kitchen cabinets, this is mission critical stuff. Once we got signed up with the vendor, Pat Wade took over as external project manager. We had been working with her for several years before Michael so we were thrilled that we were able to work with her on this. She is not involved in day-to-day nitty gritty things. She has a lot of knowledge and expertise in the business. Her depth of knowledge is amazing, I don't believe there's anything in an ERP implementation she hasn't seen before."
180 Systems is very professional, very competent, and we have nothing but great things to say. In fact if anything, I remember Michael suggesting using Pat for implementation support during the system selection phase. We eventually did follow his recommendation, and perhaps should have listened to Michael a little more from the early days. We were doing our own implementation, then we encountered methodology problems, and we felt we were losing it a little. Michael reminded me that Pat was available, so Pat came on board to do a health check, interview team members, provide documentation, and give executives a list of gaps and recommendations. At that point we convinced Pat to stay with us and continue to be engaged, "owning" the project on a part time basis. With her assistance and leadership we've been able to get back on track, largely thanks to Pat.